Monday, June 14, 2010

Structure Reform (2)

Dear friends,

the day is getting closer on which the Structure WG will "publish" their draft of the new GYG-Statues. However, some things still remain unclear. How do we want to proceed with individual members and non-political NGOs?
I am deeply in favor of working close together with environmental and social NGOs but I don't want them as full members in this network. While they should be on our eList and advance our common discussions, the decisions should always be taken by the "Greens" as we are the Global Young Greens. On the other hand, I find individual Greens a vital part of this (political) Green movement. Until we have established stronger Regional Federations that can incorporate all "lose" parts, we have to take care of these individuals and give them a home. So I would argue for a "phase-out" of individuals. So we should give them limited voting-rights (e.g. <40% of a Region's vote) so GYG will not be "overrun by individuals" but I am against excluding them totally. Nevertheless, I dream of a strong GYG as a roof-organization of all Young Green organizations one day. One day in the future.

:) Georg

No comments: